Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Honouring MY Calling


So it's official. I'm off the market. For some reason the last month or so I've felt the compulsion to apply for jobs over and over and over again.

I've been called for several interviews, which a mere matter of months ago would have fallen into my 'dream job' category.

Today we made a decision. I say we because in the last two years I've learned that my decisions aren't mine to make alone. Our family makes major decisions together. Kyle and I often discuss prior to talking to the kids about major things, but all major things include the kids opinions, thoughts, feelings and concerns.

Last week I took a short contract to produce an event next week. 10 days of doing what I love, not a bad thing. On Thursday even when we were telling the kids that we had to be gone all day the next day, our littlest looked at me and said "Mum, you got a job?"

This was said with such sadness and disappointment that a decision was made driving our first meeting Friday morning. Being home with the kids and working from home is more important than punching a time clock and having a regular pay cheque.

We are in the very fortunate position of being able to do that, not every family can. But as my kids get bigger we are realizing that being present, available and THERE is the most important investment in the kids lives.

So for today, I've been withdrawing my applications and planning for the next while to just simply be working from home mum.


No comments:

Post a Comment