Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Five Year Plan



"Do nothing and the next 5 years will be the same as the last 5. Is that what you want?"

Nearly three years ago I was at a business presentation that ended with those words. Facing life as a single mom, with very few viable financial options this resonated with me deeply.

Today I face life completely differently, but it isn't simply because my personal life has changed. It is because *I* have changed. 

Following those words I began a journey of education that has provided me with financial stability, confidence in my decision making, and accountability to myself in both these areas. I've met new people, stepped (been SHOVED) out of my comfort zone, and learned more about myself, my strength and what I can survive, grow from and thrive because of. 

Basically I've learned about the fundamentals of money, protecting my family and in the process made fundamental changes to the way not only I think about my financial situation but also the way my kids think about money too.

When I began the plan I had no idea how much my life would change, and it all began with a simple thought.

"I will never again be stuck in a place and space that leaves me hopeless."

I began to teach myself, and so began the 5 year plan. It doesn't matter if I fall down. I have. I simply stood back up. I've taken control of my time, my finances and my life. 

The goal of my 5 year plan? Emotional, financial and familial stability. Today I am over half way there on all counts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment