Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I fought the fat and I won!


Back in October, having eaten my way through LA, Miami and Las Vegas, and hit an all time weight high of 170lbs, I was frustrated, unhappy and unsuccessful in my attempts to lose the weight.

I had been seeing a personal trainer and was getting stronger and happier with my self, however, as the saying goes "Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym" and my eating was controlling me.

(Black Dress, October 1, 170lbs)

After much research and contemplating, I decided to try HCG as I've no willpower and can make every food excuse in the book to eat the things I love, like chips, or well buttered popcorn with flavors on it. I've never said no to a steak, and rarely met one I didn't like. I love bread, smothered in butter, and even though I am not huge into sweets, I had gained so much weight that I found myself wanting muffins and desserts and chocolate much more than I ever had before in my life.

Reading about HCG on www.myhcg.ca, a website run by a friend of mine from childhood, combined with harassing her with questions, googling, watching Dr. Oz commentary did not change the 'fear factor' in starting such a restrictive diet. I have no will power, how the HELL was this going to work???

I was shocked and amazed that after the first couple of days I was able to actually stick to it! I tracked everything on a printed calendar, and watched the pounds drop off. Even my spousal equivalent, Kyle was impressed with the daily changes to
my body. We would literally go to bed and in the morning, he'd be able to see areas of me that were no longer sporting fat deposits. I felt strong and empowered and was so amazed with myself.

Following my first round of HCG I lost 23 lbs, and was at 147, that was immediately followed by a short flu and I dropped down to 144lbs, and as such I gained that back within a week.

My first round of HCG was just pre-Christmas and over the Christmas break I gained (and make no mistake, I expected to gain) approximately 8lbs back. Right after Christmas I started back to the gym and maintained at 152-154lbs, which after being a little over 170 was a vast improvement.

This March, I decided I still wanted to lose more, so starting March 1st, when Kyle left to spend 10 days in Toronto I began HCG again, and to m
y amazement lost 12lbs in the first 10 days. The look on his face when he returned and saw how much I'd already lost was invaluable to me.

Today I am at 135lbs and begin my 3 days per week training at the gym for the next 2 months. In September I am planning on running a half marathon.

Having turned 40 this year, I feel like I'm just beginning my journey, and they say "Do something every day that scares you." So today I'm posting pictures of fat me, and the me that has finally begun conquering that fat. And I can honestly say, I'm damn proud of me. :) THIS is only the beginning.


(Me at 135lbs--please excuse the unfolded laundry--I've been busy becoming the best me I can be!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment