Thursday, April 19, 2012

Running to where?

So it's been nearly 3 weeks since I ended my second phase of my second run of HCG. Since then I've taken on a personal trainer at the gym three times a week and I've begun running five times a week. As a result managing to maintain my lowest weight has been easy in Phase 3.

It may seem like a lot of physical activity, especially for a full time working mom with four children and shared custody. But truthfully, coming from a girl who a year or so ago had critically high blood pressure and weighed nearly 50lbs more, I think it is a small price to pay, and really not that much time out of my week to really take care of ME!

Not hauling around an extra nearly 50lbs of flubber doesn't hurt, in fact it's pretty damn liberating to run and not see your ass jiggle in the shadow running beside you.

I'd be lying if I said I knew where this new found motivation has come from, or why I'm finding easy to go to the gym and do my run without whining about it. Maybe it is just getting older and accepting my world for what it is and being truly happy where I am. I'm sure that is a component of it, I have other suspicions I may share some other time.

I am going to attempt to post my progress, to hold myself accountable to the challenge and to maybe invoke some public accountability too.

Hopefully in September I'll be crossing the finish line of a half marathon a stronger and better person than I am today.

In the interim if you are struggling with losing weight or staying motivated could I suggest you take a look at www.myhcg.ca, as I know that it changed my life. It may not be right for everyone but it is great for those of us who seriously lack willpower.





2 comments:

  1. Way to go Allia! That sounds wonderful. I def need to find some of that motivation!

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vanessa! I'm STILL not sure where it's coming from but I'm sure enjoying it while I'm still motivated! LOL

    ReplyDelete