Monday, April 30, 2012

To Dance Again....


For years I was a dancer, until an unfortunate run in with a trampoline at 17 ended any hope of dancing professionally.

Several months ago my oldest daughter started dancing with the Dance Academy that her school has. And I've watched her becoming a natural and potentially very gifted dancer. To watch her begin to become the dancer I never became is inspiring.

So recently I told her something that I've shared with only a few people. I have a goal--more than running--within the next 2 years I want to perform once more, in front of an audience. BUT this time I want the audience to be comprised of the people I love, because for me performing in front of strangers isn't a challenge, it's those that love you that can hurt you the very worst, so my goal is to do this, on a REAL stage and in front of all the family I've chosen over the years.

I know I CAN do it, but the question becomes, WILL I???

I guess if "Aunt Viv" can do it...so can I, you all just have to hold me accountable to this! :)


2 comments:

  1. I would love to see you dance for me:)

    love ya, Nik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwh thanks Niki!! You will. I promise!

    ReplyDelete