Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pavement Therapy


Pushing toward my goals is proving harder every day. The hurdles that life is throwing up in front of me at every turn seem discouraging but I can't help but wonder if they really are a discouragement?

The fact is the restlessness I've been feeling professionally may grow into the best decisions of my life, and I find that SO exciting and nerve wracking at the very same time. This along with some personal matters are creating a wee bit o stress in my life.

So this morning I took it to the street. I had a crappy run, and maybe that's because I was distracted by all the thoughts in my head. I ran 3km in nearly 30 min...VERY SLOW even for me. But at the end of it I felt better, stronger and smarter. During that 30 minutes of 'me' time I focused on the things I can fix. The things that need fixing but that I have no ability to fix. And the things that were TRULY important to me.

My perspective is changing. My steps toward my goal of running a 10km run on May 27, which leads to the QCM 1/2 marathon this fall, are a little closer all because I stepped out that front door this morning.

The restlessness continues, but at least I am a step closer to realizing my dreams.




No comments:

Post a Comment