Tuesday, May 22, 2012

For my babies--they're gonna hate this!



This year I missed Mother's day, because I was in Mexico. So instead I get to torture my children via blog! YAY ME!!! Sorry kids, I know you're going to hate that I said all of this publicly but it's my mumma prerogative!

Luckily, for me, they got to spend Mother's Day with an absolutely fabulous woman--my Mother-in-Love, Wendy. If her kids are any indication of the kind of mom she is (and I believe that they are!), then a) mine NEED as much time with her as she's willing to give and b) so do I!! I'm so grateful to have you in our lives and hope that the monkey's didn't drive you to distraction. Thank you so much for being a great mom, and a wonderful example for all of us. Someday, when I grow up, I hope I'm at least a little like you to them. Thank you so much for staying with them and making our travels easier because we knew they were being loved.

Arianne, you are such a great kid. The last few years you've done battle beside me more often than not, and it hasn't been easy. But watching you turn into the cool, funny, smart young woman you have makes my heart SING with joy. You play all irresponsible and lazy, but you work so damn hard, and I'm super proud to be YOUR mum.

Danika, what a beautiful sensitive girl you are. When you come snuggle with me or do acts of kindness and helpfulness to make things easier, I couldn't be happier to be your mama. You are such a brilliantly smart girl and I know that you are going to do amazing things with your life, and I am super proud to be YOUR mum. (and I'm really glad you weren't broken! I'm sorry I wasn't there to give you cuddles and kisses.)

Aidan, my wonderful fair haired boy. You are such a smart young man, with such a sweet soul. Whenever I see your kindness come out because of injustice or someone doing something wrong, it makes me fill with wonder at the marvelousness of you! Someday you are going to go about your quiet way of being a wonderful man, and dad, I can already see that in you, and it makes me super proud to be YOUR mum.

Justin, my little sweet imp. You are so mighty in who you are, battling for position amongst your siblings. Your willingness to help and make things right when you are wrong or have wronged someone shows me everyday what a big boy you have become. Someday soon you won't give me snuggles or kisses or cuddles like you do now, and I'll miss it so much. Your darling loving ways make me super proud to be YOUR mum.

We both love you from here to the moon and back....I promise to always try and be the best Mum I can be forever and always...and I'll always let you lick the beaters.



No comments:

Post a Comment