Friday, May 25, 2012

We don't have an Anniversary....


We don't have an anniversary.

Why? Because we can't agree on when we started dating. Kyle says its 3ish months earlier than I do.

But then again, does it matter? We know we've been together about two years. The months, days, and minutes are incidental to us, as somehow, without ever talking about it we have ability to look forward and move forward, we spend little time looking backward.

Even on the roughest days, when work issues or family frustrations are building, he's there, catching my back being an amazing stepdad to our kids, being an unprecedented spouse to me. So much so that I loathe to even call him 'step'dad as to  me a dad is someone who loves the kids. Period. I have multiple mother's who carry me. And my kids are going to have lots of aunties, mommies, daddies, uncles, grandparents, and just all around family in their lives because THAT is how life is.

We've also never had a fight. Not one. We often disagree, but somehow from the onset of us, we've always known how to communicate and talk through our disappointments, frustrations and annoyances. It has changed the way the kids communicate with us as well. The yelling and fighting has diminished exponentially as they are learning, through our example, that yelling isn't actually a real form of communication.

I have an unshakable confidence in us. Which is both scary and wonderful. I've had both male and female friends comment that they want a relationship like ours. And they're right, they really, really do! My wish for them is that they find it. The light, the laughter, the love that we have.


No comments:

Post a Comment