Friday, August 24, 2012

A little help from you, my friends....


So yesterday after a conversation with my dear friend, big brother, and long standing accountability and business partner, Ray, I realized I need to start something.

For those that read my blog, know that I've been on a journey to get healthy over the last 4 years. Physically, mentally, financially, internally.

The physical is coming along, and say it separately from internally as I look at them as separate. I can work out and eat like crap and it won't help me. I can eat beyond healthy, but not be fit, hence the term 'skinny-fat'. So instead, I personally have to address them separately. 

Mentally has been a journey with both counselors through out the year as well as with a life coach. Right now, because I'm in an emotionally fabulous place I feel like it is even more imperative that I see someone to help me find my voice and my strength.

So financially, this is a tough one for so many. And this is the feedback I'm looking for. 3 years ago when I found myself alone as a single mom, the entire financial world for my four beautiful babies and I depended on me. Fast forward 3 years and I'm no longer alone in this, but I still worry like I am.

And my actions are those of a single scared mom. I make bad decisions, yet part of my career skill set is being an associate in the financial services industry. Ironic, right? Wrong, I'm human. I needed to learn about the financial world, and as a result I began helping other families experiencing the uncertainty that I was. 

Today, I'm trying to learn how to balance that knowledge of not being alone, with my own action of scaredy mom. This last week we've taken steps toward that, and even at this moment I'm supposed to be working on our monthly budget of set costs. But I think the journey might be helpful to others. 

So if anyone thinks I should do this, please let me know! I'm a work in progress!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment