Thursday, July 26, 2012

Detoxing...


So I'm really trying to be healthier, and as such I'm detoxing right now to try remove the sugar addiction from my life, get back in control of my health and to lose that last little bit of weight.

After losing 25lbs this spring, I was still 10lbs off of my goal weight but overall thrilled with the loss I had accomplished. In July I gained back 6 of those hard lost pounds, so time is NOW to take control back.

I guess that two back to back weekends of lying on the beach, drinking beer and eating chips isn't a great way to maintain a healthy body. Period. Not body weight, but body. Following the lake it was daily dessert and snacks. Normally I prefer chips to dessert but I think having so fully detoxed my body of sugars prior to this little slip of mine, that my body craved sugar conversions to fuel it after eating like a bozo.

I felt like crap and was tired for weeks after. Having been detoxing for 4 days now I'm feeling kind of amazing. My energy isn't 100% but the cravings are pretty much gone. Last night I wanted the french garlic bread on the table for about 10 minutes so I got up and walked away.

So instead of garlic bread I'm eating very lean meat, veggies with extremely low sugar content and drinking a tonne of water. No fruits at the moment, I'm waiting a few days before I try a few of the lower sugar fruits to see if they trigger the cravings again.

I'm also working out in my bedroom because I'm not getting to the gym. No more excuses


The best part is I *AM* doing all of this for me. It's time for me to be the best me I can, and life is to short to squander on silly stuff.

Interesting thing is that I'm realizing that I'm also detoxing myself of people right now. People who don't give me energy or positive reinforcement and it's pretty empowering!

So I wonder if it was an unconscious thing for me or not to detox my body and my mind at the same time, either way this is a great way to truly enjoy this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment