Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Uninspired...



I'm uninspired today...uninspired and unmotivated. I'm really not myself.

With the changes that are taking place in my life right now its pretty difficult to mentally show up in a space and place you know you are spending a finite amount of time in.

And in the last several days the direction I need to take has become clear, which is making the backwards glance that is today really difficult.

How do you invest a resource like time, which you can't get back, in tying up loose ends and finishing something that you're no longer really a part of?

I'd rather squander my time doing something pleasurable, thank you.

For me the hardest part isn't that our water heater blew up last night and I'm tired, though that isn't helping me right now. Its that I'm no longer passionate about the work I'm doing today. I'd rather focus on the future and where it is leading. Now THAT energizes and excites me!

It just happens that I'm one of the fortunate few who has had an opportunity to do what I love AND be compensated for it. This makes what the work I'm now doing, what the role has become out of necessity and no wrong doing on anyone's part, so tiring and energy draining. It isn't what I love.

So as drained and uninspired as I am I have to remember that once this job too inspired and excited me, brought me enthusiasm and focus because:




No comments:

Post a Comment