Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chaos and other thoughts





    A girlfriend of mine often sends me her random thoughts while she is on her night shifts, they're hysterical at least to me. Or maybe that is because I just think the same way and often feel that the universe NEEDS TO answer these thoughts/questions for me. I read them in her voice and respond, in my head, accordingly. We're only slightly batty....here are some of the random thoughts...with, of course, my commentary...and you're welcome!

    I enjoy this time of year because you can eat mcdonald's in your car and not have to worry about a wasp or a bee flying in through your open window and ruining your lunch.  I have a funny story about bugs ruining lunch.  So my grandma was too frail to walk inside a restaurant so we'd just go thru the drive thru and eat in the car.  We were at the a & w on 8th street and parked in the lot.  I was driving a mercury villager, and it had those seat belts that automatically come across your chest when you started the car (and basically hung me every time…small design flaw they're not made for short people) but you had to buckle up the lap belt yourself.  Which I always did.  Anyways, we had the windows open and my grandma was in the front with me and my sister and daughter were in the back.  This freakin COCKROACH and although I have never actually seen a cockroach I swear to god that's what it was, flew in and landed BETWEEN MY LEGS.  I managed to lift my body off of the seat WHILE STILL BUCKLED IN mind you while I was freaking out.  Some of you may not know that I do not have the ability to scream but I can yell rather loud.  I was out of the seatbelt in a flash somehow going straight up and opening the door and taking off the lap belt in one movement.  My family didn't help one iota.  No siree bob, they freakin' LAUGHED at me.  I'm scarred for life.  :o)  but it makes a funny story.  Or maybe you had to be there.  It is early in the morning and things are funnier at this time.

    Ok...just so you know, I've read this 5 times and laughed my ass off each time. Maybe it's because I know you BUT I have a total visual along with actually being able to hear your response in my head...that makes at least one of us crazy!

    a well timed hiccup can defuse tension in the room.  It makes everyone laugh.  Which is good because we could have had a wee altercation tonight

    Duly noted. With my aversion to conflict this might actually work. Though I really need to learn how to handle LIFE in general more head on. I struggle with that and admire your ability to just call shit out. Kudos, do you give lessons? (And again, this gave me a visual...cuckoooo!)

    earlier there was a little moth flying along the floor on the unit I was on… I swear I saw it in the hall about an hour ago…and it just flew by my computer.  It's disappeared.  I hope it's not in my red bull.

    Ummm doesn't Red bull give you wings?? I'm just sayn'....

    when you shine your flashlight into your can you really can't see much of anything…it seems like an idea that would work in theory, but not so good in practice.

    This reads badly but made me laugh because I was like: "Uhhhh she shone what? Where? WTF?" Then I realized you were looking for the aforementioned moth....(they're coming to take me away...)

    speaking of theories…my mom had this flyer for these classes you could order.  They were taught by ivy-league professors and you basically buy the DVD of their lectures.  Which I totally want to do (holy fuck I'm going to be smart with all these night shifts when I do find the money to buy these courses, you know when I win the lottery).  Anywho, there was one entitled the "theory of chaos" which perplexed (and continues to perplex) me.  How can you have a theory of chaos?  Chaos is random therefore defying any logic or theories…I don't get it.  It's been bugging me for days.  Brilliant marketing on their parts…now I NEED to get that series so I can make sense of it all…

    A) If you get this series I want to see it and learn from it too, although you are bringing up a VERY valid point. And B) See pic that follows: 


      I found the moth.  He's gone to a better place.  Now I can drink my red bull.  I was scared to.  I don't like surprises like that.  Watch, he had a brother lol.

      They always have a brother...and my blog is acting up so now my justification (in terms of the paragraph setting not in terms of my desire to respond to your random thoughts) is off and I can't seem to fix it. Stupid technology.


    why are they only coming out with 3D tv now? 

    Why are they coming out with it at all? I mean I have 4 kids? Do you know how many of those stupid glasses we would go through/lose/destroy? Seriously? I don't NEEEEEEED to see in multidimentions to enjoy shows! And because I said that and because the Universe and Murphy conspire daily to mess with me, we are going to end up with all TV all the time being 3D and I'm going to have to conform like a friggn lemming! And what is more is I'll probably like it and hate myself for liking it because today I think it is dumb and inconvenient.

    And thus ends my response to my darling friend who makes me laugh, backs me up and is my family. I love that you get me and that you are in my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment