Friday, June 29, 2012

Insomnia


Today I'm exhausted...words cannot describe how tired I am.

For the last few weeks I've been dealing with family issues and some pretty major work issues.

I've also been watching someone I respect and care about be used and manipulated by colleagues. I know I have to say something but the stress of it, especially with my aversion to conflict, is getting to me. Last night it was after 2 am before I could even close my eyes. The most frustrating part about it is knowing that morally I must say something. At the core of my humanity it would be immoral to ignore the issue that will hurt someone I care about, and that part sucks.

But it isn't the physical fatigue that gets me. It's the knowing the right thing to do, but loathing to be stuck being the one who has to do it feeling that is draining me.

Last night we were talking about my conflict issues and one of the things that really got me is that so much of what I've been dealing with would and could be completely avoided by one conversation. There are others in the mix causing other issues, but the core problem would only take a single conversation to fix. Unfortunately you can't make people be grown ups when it doesn't suit them.

So today I deal with the unfortunate frustration of utter fatigue. Pop a few Advil and hope the end of today resolves itself or I am going to have a huge giant unavoidable stress/insomnia issue to deal with this weekend....lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment