Friday, June 22, 2012

My Dream Job...


I wrote this post about 5 days ago, and have been mulling it about every since. After a lovely meeting this afternoon with two very lovely ladies, we discussed pushing an idea that would incorporate this dream into fruition. I won't say more about the idea that is forming at this point however, I'm putting this into the universe to ask it, kindly, for the dream to become reality....

I've been lucky in that during the last couple of years I've had a job I've loved. I'm really good at planning events, creating wow factor and a certain je ne sais quoi when it came to meetings or impressing clients. I also happen to be really good at anticipating what needs to be done and getting it done without being asked. When asked what I do, my general response until lately has been "Basically I'm Pepper Pots (from Ironman), I make things happen as if by magic."

While I am an extremely adept executive assistant and business manager, I'm at a point in my life where I want to live my dreams and get paid to do so! That, and who are we kidding, things on the old career front are currently leaving a little to be desired....which has me dreaming again. So instead of choosing to be unhappy about THIS situation, I'm making a choice to embrace dreaming.

So here is my 'wish list' to the Santa of the Universe:
If I could pick the perfect career, it would involve the following: a) no worries about cashflow (I do have kids to provide for); b) travel to places I haven't been before but have dreamed of going to; c) often, if not always, include Kyle and, when possible, the kids; d) allow me to write and make a difference in this world; e) would bring me joy, airplanes, hotel rooms, and epic food; f) be in the form of a TV show or some sort of documentary and give me access to places, people and things that interest me.
Impossible you say? Well maybe, but if I don't tell the universe what I want, how can it give me what I desire?


No comments:

Post a Comment