Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June-July Being 40 challenge

In the months of March/April, I worked on losing 25lbs, and taking up running, and I did it. I've fluxed within 3-4lbs of that weight ever since and as such consider that to be maintaining. In May I ran my first every 10k race and did it in 1hour 24 min. Not record breaking, but an accomplishment none the less.


Having done that successfully I took on another habit--and in the month of May I took a break from on-line shopping. My wallet grew bigger, my addiction grew smaller. Since the end of May I've made 1 on-line purchase of a a dress and shoes from the same company. I haven't been quite so compelled to shop as I had been.


The June/July Challenge: 






I'd like to lose the last 10lbs that I am still bothered by. I would like to do so by eating right and through my running regime that I will be following to prep for the 1/2 marathon I'll run at the beginning of September. This challenge is a bit bigger as we often camp through the summer and barbeque lots. That and I have an adoration of chips, steak and beer (all summer lake staples!) so this means that there will be much preparation and planning and discipline involved.

I don't really want to think about it too much, but rather face it as a choice, a good one. For me, my health, my family, my life.

Anyone want to join me?




No comments:

Post a Comment