Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Eating Better Challenge/Goal


So I'm doing some research on eating clean, and contrary to what it seems it appears pretty simple. It's mostly going to be common sense and discipline on my part....ahhhhh pesky issue of discipline.

I promise to do my best and to keep a journal of my progress through this blog.

I've googled a bunch of options for eating clean and plan to pick up Tosca Reno's book today from Indigo as it is on sale. I also found a great link today that was fairly simple in terms of rules, and as a few friends are planning to travel with me on this journey, I thought I'd post it for them.

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/what-is-clean-eating/

So for my chica's who are going to do this with me here is also a shopping list and here is the link for aforementioned shopping list: http://www.eatcleandiet.com/uploaded_files/downloads/ecd_grocery_list.pdf

To this point in my day I've eaten really well. I had steamed edemame beans, a small salad comprised of shallots and cucumbers and raw almonds (covered in white balsamic and olive oil for dressing only). I've only had one cup of coffee and several of green tea.

So here's my plan for tonight (my weakest time for eating badly):


  • Grocery store to get some fresh fruit (I like raspberries, mangos, and a few other select fruits, but I dislike most fruits truth be told); a bunch of fresh veggies and some chicken to grill and put on top. 
  • If I feel 'snacky' I'll eat the fruit
  • Hopefully I won't eat the bag of Munchies currently residing beside our bed on Kyle's side.
So that's the plan. Girls what are your first steps going to be??



No comments:

Post a Comment