Monday, June 18, 2012

In Celebration of GIRLFRIENDHOOD (It's a word!)


This week I have had to rely on the generosity and kindness of others to help me through my eye surgery. On Friday when I went to the optometrist to have the bandages removed from my eyeballs (yes, they bandage eyeballs with funky, murky contact lens type bandages) I was a little stressed.

My spousal-equivalent had a meeting at the exact time that I had an eye doctor appointment, so I called on my girlfriend Lorie to be my "mommy" for the day! I couldn't see much, wore sunglasses everywhere, and laughed my ass off.

In the midst of our adventure to the eye doctor, we talked about the need for an anonymous blog to really "tell the truth" about people, perspectives, and opinions. We decided the Karma Gods would likely bite our asses in a not so pleasant way, so we wouldn't start aforementioned blog, but we did come up with some AWESOME topics.

Shoes, insanity, stupidity, mean girls, ex's, dreams.....

We talked about how many people suffer from the stupid gene and how much we generally dislike humans, unless they're our humans, and then we love 'em fierce.

In depth we talked about a professional stupidity I've been dealing with for awhile now and she helped me get back on track.

Our foray was a wonderful reminder of how much I love my peeps and what a great family I have. I wouldn't survive, cope, or even function without their love, humor and general goofiness!

Lorie and I both believe that we both attract to our lives marvellous women who are like us. Loyal, loving, honest, ridiculous and totally fabulous.

Our 3 hour adventure made me feel strong, and empowered, and real or perceived it didn't matter that she also reminded me that the gloriousness of true GIRLFRIENDHOOD (seriously, its a word! I made it up!) is this: 



So I toast you SENSATIONAL WOMAN, Lorie! You help make me stronger and better, and are one of my darling sisters I've chosen!

No comments:

Post a Comment